Wednesday, September 5, 2007

There Are Hills???

Last week when we did the family run, Geoff pointed out that my route had hills. This was news to me, as I have never really noticed them before. Now Monday I head out and it's in my head. There are hills (oh so slight, but there nonetheless). And don't your feet feel like lead? Feel how heavy your legs feel? Just quit now, and write this run off. These were my thoughts. But I plugged along, and once I hit the turn around point, it was like I got my first wind. I had the energy and drive to run home. Perhaps I needed to defeat my attitude, or maybe it was having the goal visualized. In any case, I was able to run back with a smile on my face, and a song in my heart. Incidentally, the song I heard on the turn around was Good Times by INXS. An excellent kick you in the ass kind of song. The 1.68 mile run took me 18:32.

No comments: